8 Great Things You Should Know About Himalayan Salt

Lance Cameron
By Lance Cameron 4 Min Read

Want to learn about Himalayan Salt? Well, you are in the right place. in this article, we take a closer look at 8 things you should know about this pink-coloured salt that comes from the Himalayan mountains in Pakistan.

The pinkish colour comes from the salt’s high levels of iron. Himalayan salt has many health benefits. This salt has over 85 minerals and trace elements.

This salt is a healthier alternative to processed salt. You can use it to create body scrubs. You can even buy pink Himalayan salt lamps. Here are some other things you should know about Himalayan salt:

1. Nutrient profile

The minerals add flavour and colour to the salt. Himalayan salt contains over 80 minerals. This salt is high in iron, magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
Himalayan salt is 97 % sodium chloride. The other 3 % are trace minerals. It has larger crystals and less sodium. It has larger crystal sizes than table salt, so it has less sodium per teaspoon. While the body needs sodium to work correctly, too much sodium can lead to high blood pressure and other health problems.

- Advertisement -

2. How to use Himalayan Salt

Himalayan salt is a healthy alternative to table salt. It is perfect for replacing table salt in cooking. It can also be used as a mineral bath soak, to treat skin conditions, including acne and psoriasis, to purify the air in Himalayan salt lamps, to soothe tired feet in a foot soak, for salt therapy, and to treat motion sickness.
Health benefits:

3. It detoxes

Using a Himalayan salt inhaler can help detox your lungs. Also, you can detox your body with a salt bath. Himalayan salt detoxes your body while releasing toxins into the bath.

4. It protects the body from harmful organisms

Himalayan salt has antibacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties. Himalayan salt can be used to the body from toxic and harmful organisms. It also gives the immune system a natural boost.

5. It promotes better sleep

tealight on a himalayan salt candle holder
Photo by EKATERINA BOLOVTSOVA on Pexels.com

Himalayan salt also raises your oxytocin levels. Oxytocin is a hormone that helps you feel calm. Himalayan salt also helps regulate serotonin levels in the brain, which is a neurotransmitter that controls mood.

6. Regulate blood pressure

Himalayan salt can help normalize blood pressure. Replace the table salt with Himalayan salt. If you have high blood pressure, this salt will bring it down. Also, if you have low blood pressure, the Himalayan salt will bring it up to normal.

- Advertisement -

7. Aids hydration

Himalayan salt contains sodium, which is essential for maintaining the proper balance of fluids in the body. It also helps keep you hydrated. Sodium also aids in muscle function. Your body loses sodium and water when it sweats. When you exercise, you lose some sodium. Proper hydration and sodium intake can help prevent cramping and other complications.

8. Side effects

Salt in moderation is good for you. Too little and too much are both harmful. Too much salt is not good for your body. Too much salt can damage the heart, aorta, and kidneys. Over time it can lead to heart attack and stroke.

Leave your vote

More

Discover more from AltSpice

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Subscribe to AltSpice via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 4 other subscribers

Recent Comments

Ad Blocker Detected!

Refresh

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.